Atenção, este blog foi migrado para: http://brunopereira.org
I’ve always been very interested in this kind of subject, and a few months ago I read an article from Howard Gardner where he described what he qualifies as the 7 types of intelligence. In the original studies, these 7 types were identified on talented children, but I think we won’t do much harm expanding it to a broader scope.To keep the content without personal opinions and totally unbiased, I’m going to reproduce the content exactly as I found today by coincidence. Here goes the 7 types:
- Linguistic: Children with this kind of intelligence enjoy writing, reading, telling stories or doing crossword puzzles.
- Logical-Mathematical: Children with lots of logical intelligence are interested in patterns, categories and relationships. They are drawn to arithmetic problems, strategy games and experiments.
- Bodily-Kinesthetic: These kids process knowledge through bodily sensations. They are often athletic, dancers or good at crafts such as sewing or woodworking.
- Spatial: These children think in images and pictures. They may be fascinated with mazes or jigsaw puzzles, or spend free time drawing, building with Leggos or daydreaming.
- Musical: Musical children are always singing or drumming to themselves. They are usually quite aware of sounds others may miss. These kids are often discriminating listeners.
- Interpersonal: Children who are leaders among their peers, who are good at communicating and who seem to understand others’ feelings and motives possess interpersonal intelligence.
- Intrapersonal: These children may be shy. They are very aware of their own feelings and are self-motivated.
Very interesting, isn’t it? So, which types of intelligence do you have in you? Do you have an intelligence type not listed here?
In my very humble way of being, I’ll only mention that I think I definitely have type 7 in me, as I have a very good sense of my own feelings and I’m highly self-motivated! If you let me, I’ll try motivating you as well, so maybe I could claim to have type 6 as well! Hehehehehehe